LIST of GRAPHIC NOVELS
Look at the list of Graphic Novels and authors listed below. These graphic novels run a wide range in regards to the kinds of genres each one fits into, from superhero stories, to memoirs, to adventure, etc.
Pick one of these graphic novels below, look it up on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or your local comic book shop (to find one, here is a good place to start: http://www.comicshoplocator.com).
Once you find one that you feel comfortable with, disclaimer: some of these do contain graphic imagery and mature material in some cases, you should post your selection to an assigned Discussion Board for you on Moodle.
I have, for this class, gathered a large collection of digital graphic novels that you can choose from if you do not have ready access to a place where you can purchase one (there is an extensive list below entitled “Graphic Novel List” you can look at) through the website Comixology.com.
Below here is a list of the titles available there, each one of these links to the Amazon.com page information about the graphic novel that can serve to help you as a launching point for your preliminary research. Below this list are detailed instructions for accessing Comixology site in order to read the graphic novel you selected.
GO to www.comixology.com
2. Locate the “Log in” button at the very top right and click on it
3. On the “Log in” screen, select Amazon Sign In Box
4. Log in using the following USERNAME and PASSWORD:
5. Locate “My Books” in the upper right hand corner and click on it
6. Select “Browse Library”
7. Select Type: Books
8. Look through titles, keep in mind that some of these are only single issue comic books, but you want to locate the graphic novel ones, which are longer in length. You will need to select one of these or obtain one either physically or digitally on your own by the end of this week.
This is NOT an exhaustive list. If what you find here does not fit your fancy, you may suggest a selection to me and upon my approval you can use an alternate selection not found here.
You will need to make your selection and obtain your chosen graphic novel by NO LATER than the beginning of Week 3 of the course.
Graphic Novel List– A detailed list (over 100 choices with sub-genre designations